The New Bible Museum and the Newseum,
Come See for yourself why the Newseum is called the “must-see” attraction in Washington, D.C. A visit to the Newseum is a conversation-inspiring experience you won’t find anywhere else.Their mission is to increase public understanding of the importance of a free press and the First Amendment. Visitors experience the story of news, the role of a free press in major events in history, and how the core freedoms of the First Amendment – religion, speech, press, assembly and petition apply to their lives.
Considered one of the most interactive museums in the world, the Newseum has seven levels with 15 galleries and 15 theaters. Exhibits include the 9/11 Gallery Sponsored by Comcast, which displays the broadcast antennae from the top of the World Trade Center; the Berlin Wall Gallery, whose eight concrete sections are one of the largest displays of the original wall outside Germany; and the Pulitzer Prize Photographs Gallery, which features photographs from every Pulitzer Prize winning entry dating back to 1942.
Lunch While you are at the Newseum you will be on your own for lunch. There is a place called “The Food Section”, located on the Concourse Level and catered exclusively by Wolfgang Puck, it offers a full selection of hot and cold entrée options. The restaurant seats approximately 150 persons.
The Museum of the Bible
Highlights of your visit will include:
- The History Floor – This floor features many of the greatest discoveries associated with the biblical text, including some of the earliest known writings which date to the time traditionally associated with Abraham. Artifacts include Dead Sea Scroll fragments, some of the earliest known New Testament writings, numerous historical manuscripts, and first-edition Bibles.
- The Narrative Floor -This area of the museum encompasses 50,000 square feet, and is dedicated to telling the stories of the Bible. It connects 21st century audiences to the Bible by taking them on a journey and inviting them to be a part of its stories.
- The Impact Floor – This floor expresses the Bible’s immense influence- not only on cultures and various aspects of civilization, but also on the lives of individuals. Topics covered include the Bible’s influence on the arts, science, government, education, family, pop culture, and American history.
- Executive Coach 7 am rt 8:30
- Overlook Park 7:30 rt 8 pm